Mistake In PAN Card? Here’s how to correct them
JUST FOR YOU
If you have made an error filling out your pan card form, fret not, you can make amends by doing the following.
Making amends online
1. If you wish to make the changes online, then you need to visit the official website. Once done click on ‘Application Type’ and select ‘Changes or Correction in Existing PAN card’ from the drop-down menu.
2. You will be redirected to the relevant page after you have filled out all the details.
3. A token number will be generated for your correction application request. The same will be e-mailed to you.
4. Check the ‘Submit scanned images through e-Sing’ option on the top of the page and mention the PAN card details you with to get corrected, under it.
5. Proceed to fill out all the required details in the form carefully this time.
6. After filling all your details, click on ‘next’. You will need to upload your proof of age, residence, and identity.
7. To ensure that you carefully read through all the details and preview it once before saving details.
In case you wish to make corrections offline, then the process is as follows:
1. Download the application form online and fill out all the required details. You can do so by clicking here.
2. Once done, you will be required to submit it to the nearest NSDL collection center.
3. You will also be required to file a letter with the Jurisdiction Assessing officer.